Thursday, March 19, 2009

No More Paper Boarding Passes from Delta?



So, it was announced today that Delta is moving towards paperless boarding passes. What does this mean? Well according to my sources (an email from Delta which probably millions of you got as well), we can use our Web-enabled mobile devices (cell phones) as a paperless boarding pass. All the TSA agent will have to do is check your ID and scan the “electronic pass”. I’m guessing that means scanning your phone, as demonstrated above. Besides the guaranteed hiccups that TSA will present dealing with this 21st Century technology (expect full body searches), this is very promising. I don’t know how often I’m digging through a bag or backpack at the last second, with people screaming at me, trying to find my paper boarding pass. It’s one less thing I have to fumble with and lose and one less thing causing me nose bleeds.

Cities already with this grand technology from Delta are Atlanta, Minneapolis, Memphis and New York (LaGuardia). Soon to come are Vegas, Orlando and Salt Lake City. For more details go to Delta.com. I give this new Delta paperless idea, without proper testing, a Spork Rating of:













1 comment:

BEF said...

i'm very skeptical of this... advertising has been trying to use cell tech/RFIDs and its been rather unsuccessful (not everyone has a smartphone/no or poor service/scratch on your screen can totally affect the scan etc). i'm curious to see if/how mainstream this becomes. and here's another s/ash incase i didn't use enough already. //