Friday, September 4, 2009

Havana Sandwich Shop to Reopen


The whispers have become louder that the Havana Sandwich Shop, which burned down (circumstances surrounding the Canton restaurant and the fire at the old location are strange at best, but I don't want to be sued) almost a year ago, is reopening very soon close to its old location. For those of you who frequented this Cuban sandwich shop, I'm sure you too hope that parades will fill the streets on the day it opens. Havana had great sandwiches and meals at very reasonable prices and when they left their old Buford location, it left a HUGE gap in Atlanta's Cuban cuisine.


I'm happy that a great establishment is coming back safely inside the perimeter. Hopefully, they've learned their "lesson" and will "prevent" their new digs from burning down. I really feel that their opening will be a small step forward in opening normal relations with the real Cuba. Just a feeling.


Old Havana Sandwich Shop Spork Rating:


3 comments:

BEF said...

best thing i've heard all day!

Kristin said...

Loved that place. I also enjoy Papi's, an Eastern Cuban restaurant off Ponce near Mary Mac's. I don't really know what makes it Eastern Cuban, but who am I to argue? Try it out if you haven't yet.

DonWood said...

Good thing they never changed the phone number. 404-636-4094. I called and they confirmed the reopening.