Monday, August 31, 2009

R and R Review beats TMZ: Regis sighting in Hawaii


If you all were following my twitter posts, you would know that the R and R Review enjoyed a nice dinner with (next to) Regis Philbin, his wife Joy and two other unidentified couples at Ferraro's Bar e Restorante located at the Four Season's Resort in Maui. My post was last week while only today has TMZ reported his sighting.



I would have done an in depth interview with Regis and discussed his latest stint with Who Wants to be a Millionaire, but I was on official business for the R and R, reviewing the resort, Ferraro's, and preparing an in depth travel guide to Hawaii...so I couldn't be bothered with celebrity interviews while I was in the "zone".



This is how the encounter went, play by play:



BA Roof and wife sat down for dinner.


BA Roof commented on how prices at the restaurant were double those of the finest restaurants in Atlanta.


BA Roof discovered that prawns were nothing more than shrimp (or aliens in South Africa, see District 9) with different gills and an attempt by restaurants to increase dinner prices.


BA Roof looked over at the table next to him and saw a man that looked similar to Regis Philbin, only smaller.


BA Roof made a comment to wife (queen of celebrity gossip) that the man looked like Regis. Wife responded that it was Regis.


BA Roof heard the man speak and officially confirmed the sighting (Note: Regis is just as sarcastic in "real life" as he is on his television shows).


BA Roof wanted to do an immediate blog and take pictures, share a drink, tell him how much he is my hero, but wife told me not to embarrass her.


BA Roof slowly lingered around Regis' table while leaving dinner creating an awkward moment.


Maybe next time I'll have the nerve to ruin his dinner with pictures and stories like most fans. While, as a friend pointed out, I should have screamed "I love you REGIS and that's my FINAL ANSWER", I remained silent and let the man enjoy his vacation and dinner. This is why I'm no TMZ reporter.



Reviews of my Hawaii getaway will be coming throughout the week, so please check back often.

2 comments:

Reilly said...

Your first celebrity interview, you guys are big time now.

Anonymous said...

I believe he is a hero. I also believe you should video some banter about the morning paper once a week and post it on this blog. Regis had to start somewhere.
-ben