Wednesday, July 29, 2009

M. Ward at 40 Watt in Athens


On Monday evening, BA Roof, Trip Reed, and I drove over to Athens to see the beloved M. Ward. I saw him at Pitchfork last July and then with She & Him in ATL a few weeks later, but at Pitchfork he only played a festival set (20-30 minutes) and with She & Him, the spotlight was on Zooey. Needless to say, I was pretty pumped for a full M. Ward headlining performance.

Check out Trip's concert review here. He beat the R&R to the punch, but we agree wholeheartedly with his thoughts and retrospection.

In a sad and upsetting side note (because I was completely unaware until just now), I read this little tidbit in the comment section of the blog where Trip found the set list:

"zooey deschanel was there, in the audience. a lot of folks saw her, and m. stipe was there too!"

Well I just want to die.












1 comment:

Matt said...

sweet, seeing him tomorrow in Central Park